Although it’s proven that abs are made in the kitchen, it doesn’t hurt to help the process with a quick little ab workout.
To truly activate your ab muscles and shed the fat that’s been holding them hostage, add this basic strength training routine in addition to a clean eating plan.
If done 3-4 times per week you’ll see the gains in no time. #NoPainNoGain.
Exercise No. 1: Reverse Crunch
- Lie with your head, shoulders, and buttocks in contact with the surface of a stable bench. Grab the bench behind your head for support, keeping your forearms against the sides of your head. Flex your hips and knees to a right angle.
- Slowly lift your pelvis off the bench until your feet point to the ceiling/sky. You want to bring your knees slowly toward your chest, lifting your hips and glutes off the floor. Use your abs to do this, rather than the momentum of your legs. Hold briefly at the top of the motion.
- Contract your abs hard and lower your legs slowly to the start position.
Exercise No. 2: Scissor Crunch
- Lie faceup on ground and extend right leg up with straight left leg hovering a few inches above ground.
- Crunch up and hold. Reach left hand toward right foot as you extend right arm out to side.
- Switch legs and arms smoothly for 45 seconds.
Exercise No. 3: Mountain Climbers
- Begin in a pushup position, with your weight supported by your hands and toes. Flexing the knee and hip, bring one leg until the knee is approximately under the hip.
- Reverse the positions of your legs, extending the bent leg until the leg is straight and supported by the toe, and bringing the other foot up with the hip and knee flexed.
Exercise No. 4: Plank to Pushup
- Start in a pushup position but bend your elbows and rest your weight on your forearms.
- Contract your abs.
- Bring your body up into a pushup position by going up one arm at a time. Pause for a second and then return yourself back to the starting position on your elbows.